Why Choose TWP Oil-Based Stains?
TWP is a high solids, penetrating finish designed to extend the life of exterior wood such as decks, siding, cedar shakes, and shingles. The 200 Series enhances cellular integrity and appearance of all exterior wood. The sealer will minimize splitting, checking, surface erosion, water absorption and surface attack from mold.
TWP 1500 Series is an EPA registered wood preservative which prevents structural damage and wood decay on exterior above ground wood surfaces such as fencing, decking, wood siding, log homes, and roofing. The sealer resists water absorption that causes warping, cracking and splitting as well as preventing freeze damage in colder climates.
- Preserves natural wood color.
- Helps to prevent wood rot.
- Repels water longer.
- Easy to apply and can be cleaned and recoated as needed.
Use TWP 1500 Series and TWP 200 Series and rest-assured that you are using the highest grade oil-based stains on the market!
Oil-based stains completely soak into the wood’s cellular structure. With the cells filled, water cannot penetrate. It just beads up on the surface. Even though oil-based stains are harder to work with, we recommend using them. The beauty of the wood grain is the reason you installed a wood fence or deck in the first place — and semi-transparent oil-based stains allow the natural wood grain to shine.
- Water resistance: TWP does not absorb water, preventing your exterior wood structure from breaking down from water damage.
- Mildew Resistance: TWP exterior oil based stains are mildew resistant.
- Durability: TWP penetrates deeper into the grain of the wood, meaning you do not have to reapply it as often as water based finishes.
TWP Wood Deck Stain applies at about 100-250 feet per gallon. Actual coverage varies depending on wood porosity.